The council has a maximum of 21 voting members, including 14 representing specific food system areas (production, processing & distribution, retail, access & consumption, waste management), and 7 at-large members. VFPC quorum (the minimum number of members that must be present at a meeting to make the proceedings of that meeting valid) is 11. Voting members are appointed by City Council for a two year term. When vacancies arise mid-term, we first try to fill the vacancy with someone who has already applied for a seat on council.
We also have a number of non-voting liaison members of council who help us keep connected to the City and other important regional policy entities.
Together, we are a diverse group of people who are passionate about sustainable food systems. To find out more about a specific member, click their name to view their biography.
- Stephanie Lim, Access/Consumption
- David Speight, Retail
- Dirk Gibbs, Waste Management
- Will Jung, Waste Management
- Zsuzsi Fodor, Member-at-Large
- Kimberley Hodgson, Member at Large
Our new members will be listed soon!
Non-Voting Liaisons Appointed by City of Vancouver (Non-Voting)
- City Council: Councillor Heather Deal and Councillor Adrienne Carr
- Park Board: Commissioner Michael Wiebe
- City Staff: Sarah Carten (Social Policy) and James O’Neill (Social Policy)
- Parks Board Staff: Alan Duncan and Rebecca Till
- Special Representative: Janet Fraser
- Secretary: Vicky Baker
Other Liaisons (Non-Voting)
- Kitty Yung (Regional Representative from Vancouver Coastal Health)
- Theresa Duynstee (Regional Representative from Metro Vancouver)
- Orlando Schmidt (Regional Representative from Ministry of Agriculture)
- Vancouver Youth Food Policy Council‘s rotating representative